Students’ Eligibility Requirements
- Senior Secondary Students – SS1, SS2 or SS3
- Proven ability to compile extensive research on chosen topics with a clear understanding of country’s position
- Ability to communicate clearly and express thoughts and ideas in a coherent manner
- knowledge of the United Nations
- Demonstrated leadership skills
How to Complete the Registration Form
- Select any 3 countries of your choice from the country/committee matrix attached that you can represent (1 out of the 3 could be allocated to you depending on availability)
- Select any 3 committees of your choice from the country/committee matrix attached that you wish to simulate (1 out of the 3 could be allocated to you also depending on availability)
- Ensure that the country chosen is a member of the committee selected as appropriately indicated in the matrix
Special Information on Country/Committee Selection and Assignment
It is important to note that we cannot guarantee that each student will be assigned the country/committee of his or her choice. Certain criteria may result in a change in delegates’ choice. Some of which are:
- Most countries are allocated on first-come, first-served basis. Delegates are thereby encouraged to send in their application forms early.
- Essays are rated according to performance. The best essays will receive awards.
*** Students who apply to sit on the Security Council should be of academic excellence and possess good public presentation and analytical skills. Accompanying staff should please assist us in this regard.
Requirement for Participation
Application for participation is only open to Senior Secondary School Students. The maximum number of students per school is 30 students (Please note that this is just the maximum, any number of applications less than 30 is acceptable). Schools that wish to send more than 30 students should notify the NigMUNS Office.
- Registration is from October 31, 2015 till April 2, 2016. Delegates who register after this date will be placed on a waiting list.
Arrival is from 2:00pm on the 22nd October 2016 and departure is on or before 12noon on 27thOctober 2016. Please note the arrival time.